If you like indulging in old fashioned wet shaving using a DE razor and want to take that experience to the next level, then finding a good shaving cream is the right step you need to take so that you soften those whiskers and allow the razor to simply glide over your skin.
Here are some of the best shaving creams for men brands that offer a luxurious and close shave.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream with Bowl
Taylor of Old Bond Street has a reputation of a premiere wet shaving company, and this Sandalwood shaving cream with bowl is a good example why this company has earned such a glowing reputation.
Features of this product include:
- Cream is 5.3 ounces.
- Can be purchased in quantities of 1, 2, or 3.
- Moisturizes the face.
- Wonderful exotic sandalwood and cedar scent with a touch of lavender, rosemary, jasmine and rose.
It is great that this shaving cream comes with its own lather bowl. The bowl itself is nice and big enough to load your brush and make a good lather. Another positive aspect is that it is paraben free.
In addition, the sandalwood scent is one that not only men enjoy, but the women in their lives as well. Some of its ingredients are: Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, CI42090, Cl19140, CI17200,(Parfum contains: Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool)
Reviews for the Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream are extremely positive with users finding several benefits from using it including:
- A small amount of it makes a deep rich and luxurious lather for you to get the best possible shave.
- Leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Nice refreshing scent which is subtle but still distinctive.
- Long lasting product.
- Good for long trips.
Proraso Shaving Cream Eucalyptus and Menthol
Made in Italy, Proraso shaving creams and soaps are considered to be some of the best shaving products in the world. This cooling Eucalyptus and Menthol shaving cream has the following features:
- Brand new formula.
- 150 ml tube.
- Contains moisturizing botanical extracts and natural oils which protect the skin.
- Free of mineral oils and artificial colors.
- Provides a comfortable shave without nicks and razor burn.
This shaving product comes in a distinctive green and white striped tube and contains no parabens, silicone, mineral oils or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It has a base of coconut oil and glycerin and, of course, the cooling ingredients of Eucalyptus and Menthol.
The ingredients of this formula will help to tighten pores and keep the skin soft. You will only need a small amount of cream to build a rich lather so a tube can last you a long time. Also, its price is very economical.
Proraso Shaving Cream Reviews are exceptionally positive with users sharing the following feedback about this product:
- Creates a luxurious lather easily which conditions and lubricates the skin, offering a shaving without nicks and cuts.
- The razor glides effortlessly.
- It is extremely cooling and gives a feeling of freshness every morning.
- Has a wonderful consistency.
- Little is needed to create a rich and foamy lather.
- Great smell that reminds users of old fashioned barber shops.
Cremo Astonishingly Superior Shave Cream
If you like using a shaving cream that comes in a handy to use tube, then Cremo superior shave cream should be for you.
These are some of its features:
- You can purchase 24- 1 ounce tubes, pack of 6- 3 ounce tubes, pack of 4- 6 ounce tubes or 1- 6 ounce tube.
- Reduces nicks and irritation.
- Leaves skin soft and smooth.
- Made in the USA.
Users who like to support products made in the USA will find this shave cream an excellent choice. The company claims that their product is highly concentrated and one tube can last you longer than most other products in the market. It will also leave your skin astonishingly soft and smooth.
Let’s have a look at its ingredients: Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Polyether-1, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Xylitol, Lemon Fruit and Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Linalool, Limonene, BHT, Perfluoromethylcyclopentane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Fragrance
Reviews for the “Cremo Astonishingly Superior shave cream” couldn´t be better with users reporting the following advantages of using this product:
- Gives a soft and smooth shave.
- No razor burns due to the quality of the product.
- More moisturized skin due to some good ingredients in the cream.
- Has a pleasant aroma.
- Available at a great price considering also how long a tube can last you.
Barbasol Original Thick and Rich Shave Cream
Barbasol shave cream has been around for a couple of generations now, and is often thought of as “that old fashioned shave cream in a can.”
Some of its features are:
- Ability to purchase 1 or 2-10 ounce cans.
- Thick and rich cream that comes in a spray can.
- Very cheap price.
- Made in the USA.
Barbasol shave cream looks pretty much like that squirt whipped topping when it comes out of the can. The cream is already in a lather form, so you simply apply it to your face and shave. It is ideal for a quick shave as you do not need to spend time building a lather.
Despite being an old fashioned shave cream, reviews for Barbasol original are very positive. Let’s have a look at some of the users´ feedback:
- Gives them a smooth and easy shave.
- Softens their whiskers well.
- Moisturizing foam.
- Skin feels soft and refreshed.
- Smells like a good old barber shop.
- Available at a great price.
In conclusion, if you are ready to try a wet shaving experience or simply looking for a good wet shaving cream to meet your needs, the best shaving creams for men in this review may prove more than helpful at offering a close shave and enhancing that feeling of being pampered while you shave. What more can one need to start their day feeling their best?